Cold sores also called fever blister, come with their own unique set of symptoms, are the most common form of infection spreads because of Herpes Simplex virus. The redness, swelling and pain of a cold sore are unmistakable.It gets worse in 10-12 days period and then it becomes normal. If you have a fever blister right now and you want it gone as soon as possible, then you may want to know how to get rid of a cold sore fast at home, the cure in one day is the best. You may be surprised to find out that some simple items can bring fast and effective relief to a fever blister.
The best way to avoid suffering cold sores is to make sure you don’t get infected by the virus, and so you should be careful about kissing with anyone who has a cold sore. Be certain to put the cloth in for laundering right after you’re done as the virus is so contagious and you don’t want to risk infecting anyone else. You should also be careful about not being infected through contaminated eating or drinking utensils. Equally, if you are a sufferer you should be careful not to spread the virus to other people.
Now here’s how to get rid of that cold sore once you’ve got it, this typically cuts the outbreak time in half at a minimum, and can often have that cold sore gone by the next day:
- Keep the cold sore clean, Wash the cold sore with a damp cloth and some soap and warm water once every 2 hours or so. You shoule keep the affected area as clean and dry as possible.
- Ice the area once every 2 hours for about 10 minutes with an ice cube after you’ve washed it. This will not only reduce the itching and pain but it will also reduce the severity of the cold sore by slowing down the metabolism of the virus.
- If necessary, sterilize a needle with alcohol and drain the cold sore of any fluid that is contained in it, soak it up with a paper towel. You shouldn’t leave the virus containing yellow fluid in there, it makes things worse
- Put some clearasil on it, finally, to help keep it dry until you go through this procedure all over again in a few hours.
- Take regular L-Lysine supplements and double the dose when you experience the tingling sensation. Apply ice to the area as soon as you experience the tingling sensation. This can prevent the cold sore from appearing.
But prevent is better than treat is. Avoid the following situations to prevent recurrence: intense sunlight, as some people’s cold sore attacks are brought on by exposure to the ultraviolet radiation present in sunlight; stress; lack of sleep.
Creams & Lotions
You are able to treat cold sores with creams and lotions, and you can purchase through a store over the counter or prescribed by a doctor. Some antiviral creams and lotions reduce the length of time you have to suffer with cold sores, for these creams to be effective you must start using them at the very first signs of an outbreak is coming on.
Also with these products you have to be extremely consistent. If you skip dosages or just do it a couple times throughout the week, it means that you are wasting time and money and it will not help you very much.
Exposure to Sun
There are numerous different triggers which could make your cold sores come more frequently. One very common trigger happens to be exposure to sunlight. You will get more outbreaks during the warm summer months when you are outdoors more frequently, it could be enough during a very hot summer to trigger an outbreak. It would be unrealistic to expect you to stay indoors with the blinds drawn forever. So the best cold sore treatment for outbreaks caused by the sun is to use high SPF sunblock, especially lip gloss or chapstick enhanced with SPF.
Avoid eating any foods that contain acid that I have especially learned the hard way. Foods like tomatoe often have a lot of acid in them. You can probably just imagine how painful it is if something like ketchup hits your cold sore. Therefore, stay away from it!