You’ve got to know what you’re doing if you want to actually build, and you want to lose weight at the same time. If you’re not focusing your time in the right way, you’re just never going to make the progress that you’re looking to make, to be honest.
For example, there are a few things that you have to do if you want to make the most of your muscle building ability. Like managing your testosterone level, which is vital because if you don’t have enough in your system, it’s going to be a heck of a lot harder for you to build muscle and make progress on your body. That’s true for both men and women, so it is something to really think about as you’re lifting weights.
Considering what type of workout you should be doing is also important. How you’re lifting weights is vital if you want to get in shape, because if you’re not doing the right thing you’re just not going to get in shape. But what you’re going to find is that if you apply the right techniques you can make massive progress with your lifting. Fewer reps with more weight is the way to go to build, too many reps and you’re not going to create muscle as much.
Who is the author of Muscle Gaining Secrets?
The brains (and the brawn) behind the Muscle Gaining Secrets program is Jason Ferruggia. He is a highly sought after, world renowned strength & conditioning specialist and muscle building expert.Over the last 17 years Jason has gained the respect of the fitness industry and has personally trained more than 700 athletes from over 90 different sporting organizations. He has also worked extensively with firefighters, police officers, military personnel, Hollywood stars and entertainers alike. Most importantly, Jason has helped over 53,000 skinny guys and hard gainers in 126 different countries build muscle and gain weight faster than they thought possible.
Why is Muscle Gaining Secrets Different?
Jason’s no nonsense approach in tackling the question of why it can be so hard for regular guys like us to build up muscle even when we spend a lot of time, energy, and resources is a breath of fresh air in the industry. Jason tackles issues head on, doesn’t sugar coat anything and tells it like it is. These are some of the subjects that Jason gives us invaluable insight into:
- How to break through any frustrating muscle building plateau… Even if you been stuck at the same size for years.
- “The 7 Anabolic Factors” that must be utilized in order to ensure rapid muscle growth. Unfortunately, most guys only use 3 or 4 of them.
- Why your current workout isn’t thoroughly activating all of your different types of muscle fibers… And how a few simple adjustments will allow you to fully stimulate every untapped fiber, literally forcing your body to grow.
- The hidden truth about how to tame deadly hormones circulating through your body that eat muscle tissue, increase bodyfat storage and slowly destroy your joints.
- Why traditional cardio methods suck and what REALLY works for getting ripped.
- How to exploit this rarely seen tactic, proven in an obscure study to boost muscle growth by 269%.
- Why the precise rest periods you take between sets is crucially important to your results. This could be the difference between being jacked and ripped versus being fat and soft.
- How to make every set of biceps exercises you do 2-3 times more effective for building sleeve ripping arms by utilizing this one simple trick.
- How to dramatically increase your gains while cutting down your recovery rate between workouts by making a small adjustment to the speed at which you perform your exercises.
- Why crunches and sit ups are the absolute worst things you could do if you want a ripped, muscular six pack with no back pain.
What Do You Get With The Program?
With Muscle Gaining Secrets, you basically receive a full complement of books that can quite literally change your life. Here are some of our favorite components:
- Muscle Gaining Secrets Manual – This is the main ‘bread and butter’ primary document. It is nearly 200 quality pages of valuable information, specifics on exercises, log pages and meal plans.
- Beginner Blast Off and Beginner Blast Off Workout Sheets – This is a 26-week program designed for the beginner. It explains the exercises in detail and offers log book pages so you can track your progress.
- Maximum Mass in Minimum Time – This workout is a complement to the main book (Muscle Gaining Secrets) and features lots of answers to questions you might have about the program.
- Nutrition Guides – There are three nutrition guides included in your purchase of Muscle Gaining Secrets and they include meal plans, recipes for muscle building shakes and quick meals (so you don’t feel like you need to spend hours in the kitchen).
- The Exercise Bible – This includes photos and detailed descriptions of every single exercise featured in the program.
There are even a few bonus items, like a book called “The Truth about Supplements”. It’s a lot of reading, but since it’s written well and is interesting, you’ll blow through it in no time.
Like everything in life there are plus and minus sides to the Muscle Gaining Secrets. Following our research, we have summarized what we think are the main strengths and weaknesses of the program:
- A one stop shop – All of your workouts and diet plans have been already made and are laid out for you so you don’t have to worry about what to eat, or what lifts to do. Jason lays this out for you in an easy to understand format. All you have to do is follow what’s there and you are set.
- Big lifts = Big gains – A lot of muscle building programs focus on bodybuilding exercises like bicep curls, which are a waste of time for someone who is undersized. Why would you work one muscle, when you can work multiple muscles at the same time? By focusing the training on compound lifts the program really maximises your muscle gains in the shortest time.
- Convenience – Most of us dont have the luxury of being able to train 6 times a week for hours on end (like professional athletes). With this program you only need to workout 3x per week. When using the big compound lifts like Jason recommends, there’s no need for anyone to lift 6x per week. It actually would hurt you because your body won’t be able to recover quick enough from the previous workout.
- Nutrition. Knowing what to eat, how often to eat, what food combinations to eat is a science in itself and can be a major stumbling block for anyone who wants to get the most out of any training routine. Jason simplifies this daunting prospect by laying out a clear concise and comprehensive nutrition and meal plan as part of the program material. You can lift all you want, but if you’re not eating enough calories you wont build muscle. be a good cook either) that will pack muscle onto your body.No gobbeldy gook or useless jargon. Jason uses straight clear no nonsense tone and langage and doesnt attempt to make things seem grander than they are or hide behind the sicience.
- Attention to detail. Jason explains reps, sets and recovery in detail – a lot of lifters can be very confused when it comes to how many reps they should be doing for each exercise. Jason goes over all of this in detail and explains it in an easy to understand way.
- Workouts for Beginner, Intermediate and Advanced lifters – This is a great idea and we like the fact that Jason has taken the time to write out programs for each level. Once you’re done with each level of the program you can just move on to the next one which is already written out for you. The levels also build on each other so you’re getting the most muscle gain possible.
Theres lots more, but we feel the above points are the ones most worth mentioning.
Admitedly, as much as we tried, it was hard to pick faults with this program, but if we did have any gripes, they were the following:
- Can be overwhelming. Theres a lot of information in the program, it would be nice to perhaps include a ‘quick start’ guide to be used until you become more familiar with the concepts
- Some of the excercises would be better desribed with a video rather than picture (this applies to the complicated lifts like deadlift and squats)
The Bottom Line
Does Muscle Gaining Secrets work? We would say a resounding yes. We love the no nonsense approach and the tons of valuable practice information included in this guide, and would definitely recommend it to anyone who is serious about building lean muscle fast.